Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance that is poisonous to algae.
- ‘‘We're also looking at other algicides,’ notes Anderson.’
- ‘The algicide targets Oscillatoria perornata, a species of cyanobacteria prevalent in Mississippi.’
- ‘Aquatic herbicides and algicides have been used successfully for several decades.’
- ‘Better help may be on the horizon for many catfish farmers in the form of a natural-based algicide that kills blue-green algae but is much safer for other pond life.’
- ‘Iodine is, however, ineffective as an algicide.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.