One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Kessler's play is less alchemical than Polke's, but the impulse to incorporate the elements into a painting is the same.’
- ‘However, the real goal of alchemical work is not to obtain material gold, but spiritual gold: a state of enormous power, clarity, and purity.’
- ‘For instance, Charles II of England attempted transmutations and even Sir Isaac Newton spent considerable time decoding alchemical books.’
- ‘Converting waste into value is indeed alchemical thinking; [,] to the fetishism of commodities one can add the fetishism of waste.’
- ‘I love that I can do these intense things to people's bodies, and somehow, through some alchemical transformation, it's not a bad thing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.