Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The presence of albumin in the urine, typically as a symptom of kidney disease.
- ‘Since albuminuria is a known risk factor for heart disease and hypertension, these findings help piece together the jigsaw.’
- ‘This volume focused on diseases of the kidney and its association with dropsy and albuminuria, as well as diseases of the liver with dropsy and afflictions of the lungs and intestines.’
- ‘There is little argument regarding the benefits in patients with overt albuminuria and or diabetic nephropathy.’
- ‘But dropsy was still poorly understood until Bright, who put it all together with diseased kidneys and albuminuria and distinguished dropsies of renal origin from other etiologies.’
- ‘Data adjusted for age at diagnosis of diabetes, ethnic group, smoking status, presence of albuminuria, haemoglobin A 1c, high and low density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglyceride’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.