One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scleroprotein
- ‘It is natural that the albuminoids should have no specially allotted destination, since every part of the machine has to be maintained.’
- ‘In [, in] 1846 the German Baron Justus von Liebig classified foodstuffs by their content of carbohydrates, fats, and oils, and what were then called ‘albuminoids’ or ‘nitrogenous matter’, now known as proteins.’
- ‘The solution obtained by dissolving the absorbent albuminoid in the buffer advantageously contains 6% by weight of this albuminoid.’
- ‘He found that albuminoids derived from decaying vegetable substances did not have the same effect.’
- ‘Dogs fed a diet of only sugar and fat would not survive, but dogs whose diets included albuminoids would.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.