Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A supposed universal etheric field in which a record of past events is imprinted.
- ‘In Hindu mysticism, Lord Murugan rides through the akasha on a peacock.’
- ‘That great, unborn Self, which is identified with the intellect and which dwells in the midst of the organs, lies in the akasha within the heart.’
- ‘The elements - spirit or akasha, The Hindu tattwas, The Tibetan elements, The Chinese Wu-Hsing - The five elemental activities’
- ‘He who knows it as existing in the cave of the heart, in the transcendent akasha realizes all his desires along with the Omniscient Brahman.’
- ‘These five pure colors are considered to be associated with the five elements: earth, water, fire, air and ether, or akasha.’
- ‘Prana acting on akasha is creating or projecting the universe.’
From Sanskrit ākāśa.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.