One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paper bag provided in an aircraft or ship as a receptacle for vomit.
- ‘It was the kind of sudden drop - after a rapid ascent - that could get the most seasoned traveler fumbling for an airsickness bag.’
- ‘He said he had used the cabin restroom before the plane departed but had to go again and finally reached for the air-sickness bag.’
- ‘Suddenly there is laughter, cheering and pointing and I strain to see what has happened - the first soldier to throw up is using his airsickness bag.’
- ‘The only thing that will keep her amused on the airplane is when I pretend to vomit into the airsickness bag.’
- ‘Should one be required, airsickness bags are, as always, located in the seat pocket in front of you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.