Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A container for storing and dispensing coffee or other beverages that maintains a constant temperature by use of glass insulation.
- ‘These pour-on coffee makers brew directly into an airpot which keeps coffee hot and fresh for up to 8 hours.’
- ‘The airpots can then be moved to serve coffee locally.’
- ‘It brews 7.5 gallons (28.4 liters) of perfect coffee per hour directly into 1.9-3 liter airpots.’
- ‘We've taken our PAE - series airpots, and inserted an unbreakable stainless steel vacuum liner!’
- ‘Convenient, easy on counter space, and extremely durable, these airpots keep beverages hot or cold for more than six hours.’
- ‘With sharp-looking designs, attractive and convenient displays for your coffees, along with a wide selection of brewing and serving options, there's an airpot brewing system that's just right for you.’
- ‘On the other hand, I am tired of going to an independent coffeeshop, asking for a cup of coffee, and watching them squirt 12 tepid ounces out of an airpot filled an hour ago, the faint taste of hazelnut still adhering to the inside of the pot.’
- ‘Including pump-action airpots, insulated servers and vacuum jugs, self-service insulated dispensers and urns, coffee jugs and cafetieres.’
- ‘Welcome to Stacks and Stacks, where you'll find a large assortment of attractive coffee makers, espresso machines, coffee carafes, coffee airpots and coffee urns that will help you make and store the prefect cup of coffee.’
- ‘Racks hold two, three or five push-button airpots to better satisfy the demand for a variety of coffees.’
- ‘Our airpots come with either a push button or lever style lid, many of which are interchangeable on the models.’
- ‘1.91 airpots suitable for holding hot water at the right temperature for hours are available either branded in cases of four or un-branded in cases of six.’
- ‘Today I went down for The Usual, and found a different crew: two white guys, new logos, Starbuck-branded airpots.’
- ‘The auto-fill airpot coffee maker offers great flexibility, operated as an. auto-fill or manual fill machine’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.