One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Skill in flying an aircraft.
- ‘Now that you've earned your certificate, how can you find the motivation to keep improving your airmanship?’
- ‘Air Marshal Shepherd said that for his professional skill, heroism and airmanship, Squadron Leader Hall was awarded the Air Medal and the First Oak Leaf Cluster.’
- ‘The superior knowledge, skill, airmanship, and timely actions demonstrated by Lt Col Vanderburgh and Capt Wickering resulted in the safe recovery of two irreplaceable crewmembers and a valuable national asset.’
- ‘Realizing that the engine might quit at any point now, he displayed outstanding airmanship by bleeding off excess energy and lowering the landing gear on short final.’
- ‘The professional airmanship, attention to detail, and flawless crew coordination were an absolute necessity for the safe recovery of 20 crewmembers and a $300 million national asset.’
- ‘A place to improve airmanship and make a difference.’
- ‘The check shouldn't be conducted as ceremonial or routine. It should not only be an evaluation of your airmanship skills, but also a learning experience.’
- ‘If you come away with a glimpse of the goal for better airmanship, Davisson feels like he's done his job.’
- ‘Studying for his student pilot licence, he got his first lessons in meteorology, navigation, and airmanship.’
- ‘Despite darkness and adverse weather conditions, his systems knowledge, airmanship, and skill allowed him to safely recover an aircraft with compound emergencies.’
- ‘The combination of a complex environment, coupled with different communications and Air Traffic Control procedures, helped to reinforce airmanship skills.’
- ‘Four primary areas are stressed: professional military studies, theoretical and applied leadership experiences, aviation science and airmanship programs, and military training.’
- ‘Knowledge, skill, airmanship, and timely actions prevented further damage to the aircraft and resulted in the safe recovery of the aircraft and crew.’
- ‘You'll learn how to fly the airplane to other airports away from your local area (called cross-country flights), and you'll have time to refine your overall airmanship.’
- ‘The quick thinking, outstanding airmanship, exceptional flying skills, and efficient use of crew resources directly contributed to the safe recovery of the aircraft.’
- ‘USAF training will not only provide the essential tools for completing assigned tasks, but will infuse all members of the force with a unifying ethos - a common vision of airmanship.’
- ‘Extreme nose-down trim is considered more hazardous, requiring perhaps more in the way of raw airmanship skills in order to maintain control.’
- ‘In a brilliant display of airmanship, the pilot managed to land the aircraft safely on an open space below the mountain.’
- ‘The addition of 50 hours of airmanship studies and physical education during the academic year effectively levied on cadets no fewer than 180 semester hours of academic, military, and athletic programs.’
- ‘Now, however, this is a risky and unpredictable situation and assuming that we have the best of airmanship and nothing else goes wrong, which is an assumption that you really can't make, there should be a very favorable outcome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.