One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large passenger aircraft.
- ‘They should worry about the public flying on commercial airliners out of these commercial airports.’
- ‘On 23 June, the restored airliner was rolled out to an admiring crowd of spectators.’
- ‘It was several years before I flew again and then on a commercial airliner.’
- ‘It covers most major airliners in service today and lists future projects under development at Airbus and Boeing.’
- ‘Converting the military transport to airliners was not an easy undertaking.’
- ‘The tops of the storms were above 50,000 feet, and even the airliners wouldn't be able to get above them.’
- ‘The team ensured that civilian airliners and local mustering aircraft were kept out of the way of the fast jets.’
- ‘We know that you served as an Air Force Academy liaison officer when you weren't flying airliners.’
- ‘It will be fitted with a fly-by-wire flight control system developed for the Airbus range of civil airliners.’
- ‘A few hours later a passenger airliner takes off from Mexico City bound for Houston.’
- ‘In the Clipper era, there were no cramped or massed rows of seats so common aboard today's jet airliners.’
- ‘This was the end for piston engine airliners, as the new jets soon dominated the commercial airline industry.’
- ‘It seemed like a dream that I would soon be flying on a fantastic airliner.’
- ‘Image getting weighed in public in today's environment before boarding an airliner.’
- ‘Boeing's press release stated that it took six million square feet of blueprints to build the airliner.’
- ‘You have just as much right to operate there as the big airliners do.’
- ‘Both airlines had large route structures where a pressurized airliner could be fully utilized.’
- ‘Finally, the authors misuse the air-space analogy in their discussion of the treatment of airliners.’
- ‘Four of these machines were built and had a long and useful life hauling large components for Airbus airliners.’
- ‘Rescue boats were at the scene in minutes and managed to attach tow lines to the airliner and move it closer to shore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.