One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small airport or airfield.British term aerodrome
- ‘The airdrome was a dirt strip almost within the city; one end of the short strip was 70-ft higher than the other end, so we always took off downhill and landed uphill.’
- ‘Sometimes an airdrome or river might be misplaced but not difficult to sort out.’
- ‘Glover saw the airdrome first and reported it to me.’
- ‘Early next morning, I went straight to the entrance of the airdrome.’
- ‘The money being offered by English agents who toured Ireland during 1940-42 recruiting labour for the airdromes proved very attractive, particularly as they also paid expenses to the workers to get to their destinations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.