One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An airplane, helicopter, or other machine capable of flight.
- ‘There is never a shortage of things to do as we work on almost all areas of the aircraft.’
- ‘The pilot had bought the aircraft in kit form and spent five months constructing it.’
- ‘Launched with this jumbo team aboard for a test flight, the aircraft failed to gain height.’
- ‘The nose of the aircraft went under the wing of the aircraft on the adjacent stand.’
- ‘The purpose of going to the airfield can only have been to fly in the aircraft.’
- ‘A sudden decrease in head wind or increase in tail wind can cause an aircraft to stall.’
- ‘He had to be certain that the aircraft was airworthy before setting off over the jungles of Burma.’
- ‘We also had to shout a lot because of the Heathrow aircraft constantly flying overhead.’
- ‘He said it would be up to the Air Force how the aircraft was used with its new colours.’
- ‘Only the security levy and landing fees for smaller aircraft at peak times have increased.’
- ‘He was taken off the aircraft by Malta police after it had safely taxied to a stand at the airport.’
- ‘To do that you'll need to take a short scheduled flight on a light aircraft from Provo.’
- ‘The light aircraft is capable of carrying four people but yesterday had only two on board.’
- ‘He pushed the throttle all the way open and turned the aircraft in the direction of the smoke.’
- ‘New Zealand has issued warnings to ships and aircraft likely to be in the area.’
- ‘Crowds regularly flocked to the base to see the aircraft take off on one of its many test flights.’
- ‘An aircraft would only have to head for the nearest flying or gliding club of which there are six in this area.’
- ‘People wanting to catch a glimpse of the aircraft were also asked not to park at the airport.’
- ‘It is thought the seat of the fire was in the landing gear under the aircraft's main fuselage.’
- ‘He had jumped out of a light aircraft while unwittingly wearing a sabotaged parachute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.