One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A base for the operation of military aircraft.
- ‘Military operations at the airbase also need to be kept separate from commercial use.’
- ‘In Pisa, over 400 police were assembled to accompany a convoy from the railway station to the military airbase.’
- ‘Topics covered would include everything from base-level planning to commanding the airbase in an emergency.’
- ‘Additionally, this discussion serves as a baseline for better understanding the challenges with opening airbases.’
- ‘Large anti-war demonstrations have been held in many cities, as well as protests at the military outposts, listening stations and airbases that litter the continent.’
- ‘Along these lines, senior Air Force leaders have acknowledged the importance of airbases to projecting airpower anywhere on the globe.’
- ‘While this effort was a success, the event awakened the Air Force to the challenge of opening airbases in remote locations and drove the creation of airborne engineer units in the Air Force.’
- ‘The dedication coincided with the 60th anniversary of the formation of the two French squadrons, who made RAF Elvington unique among the airbases of Bomber Command.’
- ‘The force module construct for opening airbases is designed around five phases, which fall under Air Force purview, as identified in the list below.’
- ‘The plane, whose origin has not been established, has been moved to a military airbase.’
- ‘He was taken into military custody on the airbase and questioned by Japanese police last weekend.’
- ‘Generally, airbases were sited out of harm's way.’
- ‘It has been noted that the airbase at Cheddington was attacked by German aircraft during the time of the squadron move.’
- ‘All these means of training can be put at the disposal of our customers, on-site or at any location the customer stipulates, including their overseas home airbases.’
- ‘Current doctrine falls short of identifying how best to employ Air Force capability to open airbases.’
- ‘The new game finds our furtive hero having to infiltrate a diverse assortment of sites such as military airbases, harbors and secret government installations.’
- ‘So we are now looking for an airbase to base ourselves long term.’
- ‘There is a military airbase nearby, so perhaps it is a secret aircraft.’
- ‘They said they were in touch with technical support at a military airbase in Lakenheath, in Norfolk in Britain.’
- ‘Because they need the airbase and military base that he allows them to have there in return for turning a blind eye to his atrocities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.