One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A base for the operation of military aircraft.
- ‘The plane, whose origin has not been established, has been moved to a military airbase.’
- ‘Because they need the airbase and military base that he allows them to have there in return for turning a blind eye to his atrocities.’
- ‘Large anti-war demonstrations have been held in many cities, as well as protests at the military outposts, listening stations and airbases that litter the continent.’
- ‘In Pisa, over 400 police were assembled to accompany a convoy from the railway station to the military airbase.’
- ‘The dedication coincided with the 60th anniversary of the formation of the two French squadrons, who made RAF Elvington unique among the airbases of Bomber Command.’
- ‘There is a military airbase nearby, so perhaps it is a secret aircraft.’
- ‘So we are now looking for an airbase to base ourselves long term.’
- ‘Along these lines, senior Air Force leaders have acknowledged the importance of airbases to projecting airpower anywhere on the globe.’
- ‘The new game finds our furtive hero having to infiltrate a diverse assortment of sites such as military airbases, harbors and secret government installations.’
- ‘They said they were in touch with technical support at a military airbase in Lakenheath, in Norfolk in Britain.’
- ‘He was taken into military custody on the airbase and questioned by Japanese police last weekend.’
- ‘Military operations at the airbase also need to be kept separate from commercial use.’
- ‘All these means of training can be put at the disposal of our customers, on-site or at any location the customer stipulates, including their overseas home airbases.’
- ‘Additionally, this discussion serves as a baseline for better understanding the challenges with opening airbases.’
- ‘Topics covered would include everything from base-level planning to commanding the airbase in an emergency.’
- ‘While this effort was a success, the event awakened the Air Force to the challenge of opening airbases in remote locations and drove the creation of airborne engineer units in the Air Force.’
- ‘Generally, airbases were sited out of harm's way.’
- ‘Current doctrine falls short of identifying how best to employ Air Force capability to open airbases.’
- ‘It has been noted that the airbase at Cheddington was attacked by German aircraft during the time of the squadron move.’
- ‘The force module construct for opening airbases is designed around five phases, which fall under Air Force purview, as identified in the list below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.