One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A show at which aircraft perform aerial displays.
- ‘The aircraft is owned by the company which stages the air show.’
- ‘Spectators watching the French aerobatic team perform during the air show at an airfield outside Moscow on Saturday.’
- ‘The weather was perfect - a dappled blue sky the ideal backdrop for a fantastic air show which showcased the capabilities of both aircrew and aircraft.’
- ‘We were at a military air show and the lady with me asked that same question.’
- ‘Instead, they sat on the deck while the air show team performed stunts and maneuvers over their heads.’
- ‘The weather was perfect - a dappled blue sky the perfect backdrop for a fantastic air show which displayed the capabilities of both aircrew and aircraft.’
- ‘He was the team leader for the team in an exhibition at the air show.’
- ‘The next air show is already being planned for 2005.’
- ‘The British squadron also sent three aircraft and a team of maintainers to the biggest air show in Poland.’
- ‘Their commander becomes the Defense Department's on-scene commander for operations at the air show.’
- ‘He will perform aerobatics during the air show.’
- ‘The pair then climbed 200m above the sea, to perform an air show that included flying backwards and virtually looping the loop.’
- ‘Every kind of airplane makes the pilgrimage to the air show, from homebuilts to personal jets.’
- ‘The base commander decided in spring 1944 to hold an air show for the local townspeople.’
- ‘The air show and military display starts at 10 am on both days with displays from the Club followed by the large aircraft at 1 pm.’
- ‘And it's a win for us because it's our airplane doing the air show.’
- ‘Looking to the skies during an air show, the audience is always fascinated by the speed of jet aircraft, especially fighters.’
- ‘Yes, it's that time again - the annual air show of the Model Flying Club is here again.’
- ‘Each of these women has made a big effort to be a part of the air show scene, loves aerobatics, loves aviation in general and is uniquely qualified for the job.’
- ‘Last Saturday I left the Museum site just before the air show display ended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.