One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rifle which fires pellets using compressed air.
- ‘He said he fired the air rifle because he was ‘extremely frightened’ for himself and his wife.’
- ‘The pellet fired from an air rifle lodged just centimetres from Lee's eye socket.’
- ‘The four day meet will have various air rifle and air pistol events in both men's and women's sections.’
- ‘After losing some money to robbers and conmen, Edwards bought an air rifle and air pistol to ‘protect himself’.’
- ‘Vandals have fired an air rifle at the windows of a pre-school.’
- ‘There were also allegations that an air rifle had been fired during chaotic scenes.’
- ‘A local man had to have an operation to remove a pellet, which police believe might have been fired from an air rifle.’
- ‘Pellet selection ultimately comes down to which pellet is most accurate in your air rifle.’
- ‘This week, police were called after an air rifle pellet was fired at a classroom window while youngsters were having lessons.’
- ‘A BOY, aged 14, was shot in the back with an air rifle as a gunman fired randomly from an upper-floor flat in York.’
- ‘But he stressed that, by their unanimous verdict, the jury had decided he should not have fired the air rifle.’
- ‘A scope is almost mandatory for an air rifle, and airgun scopes can have great profit margins.’
- ‘Months of suffering at children's hands drove a young householder to fire an air rifle into a street of youngsters, York magistrates heard.’
- ‘In an air rifle the projectile is supposedly driven down the rifling of the barrel by a source of gas other than that provided by a fast burning mixture.’
- ‘A woman on disability benefits narrowly missed being hurt by a youth firing an air rifle.’
- ‘They found a .22 calibre carbine and a powerful air rifle were not in the armoury where they should have been stored.’
- ‘A 35-YEAR-OLD man who fired an air rifle after police were called in has been jailed for 18 months.’
- ‘A MAN who killed a friend in his flat when he fired a powerful air rifle at him, not realising it was loaded, has been convicted of his manslaughter.’
- ‘He had entered through the shrubbery and had shot an air rifle at the bungalow, Mr. B. returning the fire.’
- ‘Reports of an air rifle pellet being fired at school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.