One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Airborne military forces.
- ‘World War II saw the use of air power to destroy an adversary's industrial capacity.’
- ‘By the outbreak of war, air power strategists were looking at aircraft with new respect.’
- ‘Air power doctrine also describes the capabilities and roles that air power can undertake.’
- ‘In addition, Fettweis's belief in the dominance and efficacy of air power seems misplaced.’
- ‘The Fifth US Army, with the whole weight of Allied air power switched to its support, attacked on 15 April.’
- ‘In the Gulf War, air power was not used as an end unto itself, but rather to bring specific effects to the enemy.’
- ‘The attack would use a combination of old and new - cavalry, air power, artillery and tanks that would be supported by infantry.’
- ‘He won, because impending commitments of air power in Europe took precedence.’
- ‘In addition to providing air dominance, Airmen contribute expeditionary air power.’
- ‘If the victorious powers of the First World War were investing little in military air power, this was not true elsewhere in the world.’
- ‘Tactical air power saw the war as justification for a strategy based on supporting ground forces.’
- ‘Armoured combined arms countered by air power and infantry anti-armour weapons’
- ‘We decided to investigate the integration of air power with special operations on the ground.’
- ‘Szayna has a specialized chapter on how new members must upgrade their readiness in air power.’
- ‘After all, the United States was protected by the atomic bomb and unmatched air power.’
- ‘The importance of air power had not been underestimated by any of the belligerents before 1914.’
- ‘While the Army tends to view air power as merely an air artillery, the Air Force looks at itself as a strategic force.’
- ‘The book's thesis emphasizes the supremacy of air power in shaping the battlefield.’
- ‘By the time of the bombing of Hiroshima, many of Japan's large cities had been attacked severely by American air power.’
- ‘Both land and naval power was necessary to enable air power to operate, and so it was in the first few years of the nuclear era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.