One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An armed guard who travels incognito on certain commercial flights, trained to take action in the event of a hijacking or other violent criminal action.‘a plan to allow passengers to carry knives is being tabled amid protests from air marshals’
- ‘She's also busy developing standards for federal air marshals and flight deck officers so they can carry firearms in the cockpit.’
- ‘The US Department of Homeland Security requested the presence of air marshals on threatened flights in late December.’
- ‘A federal air marshal told the pilot that the passenger's name resembled one on a terror watch list, and that he had been acting suspiciously.’
- ‘The FAA is also believed to be considering broadening the use of armed air marshals to all internal flights in America.’
- ‘I was glad to know that there is really an air marshal there, and they are not afraid to shoot somebody who says they have a bomb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.