One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An armed guard who travels incognito on certain commercial flights, trained to take action in the event of a hijacking or other violent criminal action.‘a plan to allow passengers to carry knives is being tabled amid protests from air marshals’
- ‘The FAA is also believed to be considering broadening the use of armed air marshals to all internal flights in America.’
- ‘I was glad to know that there is really an air marshal there, and they are not afraid to shoot somebody who says they have a bomb.’
- ‘A federal air marshal told the pilot that the passenger's name resembled one on a terror watch list, and that he had been acting suspiciously.’
- ‘The US Department of Homeland Security requested the presence of air marshals on threatened flights in late December.’
- ‘She's also busy developing standards for federal air marshals and flight deck officers so they can carry firearms in the cockpit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.