Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of layering in which the branch is potted or wrapped in a moist growing medium to promote root growth.
- ‘The Javanese propagate the trees vegetatively by ‘air layering’, a technique which involves making a parcel of soil around a branch so that it strikes root and can be cut off and planted.’
- ‘He tried cuttings and air layering, with no success, and finally tried grafting it onto a related species from the Big Island.’
- ‘The Air Layering system, which is known to be a very successful method, traditionally, has been used only on plants that are difficult to propagate by seeds or cuttings.’
- ‘This tree can be propagated by air layering or stem cutting.’
- ‘Propagation can be done by air layering but patience is required as it may take a while before layered segments root and can be removed from the parent plant.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.