One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A path or course regularly used by aircraft.
- ‘In these cases, the consequential use of lesser-used air lanes would help reduce congestion at major centres.’
- ‘This first mid air collision forced authorities to devise the air lane system in which airlines are allotted strict routes, times and schedules to avoid such tragedies.’
- ‘She gave him a level gaze, which drew his attention away from the air lane briefly.’
- ‘Well, the reason for it was we had a highway in there and the air lane into Berlin was in the eastern Germany, which was under Russian control.’
- ‘Does he believe the decision by the corporation to shut down the primary radar will compromise the safety of air lanes; if not, why not?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.