One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The date on which a recorded program is to be broadcast.
- ‘These shows are not the happy accidents they want you to think they are - thought up days before airdate and rushed through production in last-minute modification manner.’
- ‘These shows depend on contestants remaining mum about the show's outcome until the airdate.’
- ‘Producer Danny Schechter writes about his attempt to get a national PBS airdate.’
- ‘Presented across six discs in airdate order, the episodes of Season One are listed below with brief comments and a quick letter grade.’
- ‘TV critics were aghast and the episode was pulled from its intended airdate of 14th March 1985.’
- ‘Despite their disparate original airdates, Paramount is releasing the series in its production order, so these two episodes, shown months apart, are bundled together.’
- ‘On the flip side though, I am glad that they ordered the episodes according to airdate rather than production order.’
- ‘They have chosen an airdate I think the second week in December.’
- ‘The airdates of these two shows has not been decided.’
- ‘The exact airdate has not yet been set, but expect it to appear on the Fox network sometime between March and May of 2002.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.