One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high-level organizational unit in the US Air Force.
- ‘Meanwhile, the brigade tactical air command had inserted on the small ridge south of the valley.’
- ‘These organizations and agencies are not easily melded into land, sea, or air command structures, however, and to try to do so impedes their ability to contribute to the mission.’
- ‘The most important of these for theater operations was the tactical air command or TAC, which was specifically formed to provide offensive and defensive support for surface forces.’
- ‘These routine notifications are issued to all flight operations throughout the tactical air command.’
- ‘On 26 April 1972, the unit was redesignated the 917th Special Operations Group, with Tactical Air Command as the gaining major air command.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.