Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A high-level organizational unit in the US Air Force.
- ‘The most important of these for theater operations was the tactical air command or TAC, which was specifically formed to provide offensive and defensive support for surface forces.’
- ‘These organizations and agencies are not easily melded into land, sea, or air command structures, however, and to try to do so impedes their ability to contribute to the mission.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the brigade tactical air command had inserted on the small ridge south of the valley.’
- ‘These routine notifications are issued to all flight operations throughout the tactical air command.’
- ‘On 26 April 1972, the unit was redesignated the 917th Special Operations Group, with Tactical Air Command as the gaining major air command.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.