One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A high-level organizational unit in the US Air Force.
- ‘These organizations and agencies are not easily melded into land, sea, or air command structures, however, and to try to do so impedes their ability to contribute to the mission.’
- ‘The most important of these for theater operations was the tactical air command or TAC, which was specifically formed to provide offensive and defensive support for surface forces.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the brigade tactical air command had inserted on the small ridge south of the valley.’
- ‘On 26 April 1972, the unit was redesignated the 917th Special Operations Group, with Tactical Air Command as the gaining major air command.’
- ‘These routine notifications are issued to all flight operations throughout the tactical air command.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.