Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A high-level organizational unit in the US Air Force.
- ‘On 26 April 1972, the unit was redesignated the 917th Special Operations Group, with Tactical Air Command as the gaining major air command.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the brigade tactical air command had inserted on the small ridge south of the valley.’
- ‘These routine notifications are issued to all flight operations throughout the tactical air command.’
- ‘The most important of these for theater operations was the tactical air command or TAC, which was specifically formed to provide offensive and defensive support for surface forces.’
- ‘These organizations and agencies are not easily melded into land, sea, or air command structures, however, and to try to do so impedes their ability to contribute to the mission.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.