One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inflatable mattress.
- ‘Although you could bring your own bedding, you can rent everything from bedside tables to air beds to sleeping bags, although they advise prebooking the extras.’
- ‘Easy to use handheld controls and a state of the art ultra-quiet air inflation system allow each sleeper to quickly adjust the firmness of their side of the air bed to the perfect comfort level, with just the touch of a button.’
- ‘It's like inflating an air bed when you go camping.’
- ‘So then I thought about the air bed that my mom bought once.’
- ‘Sometime between now and Tuesday we need to go over to the camping store in Carmarthen or perhaps in Swansea to buy either air beds or roll-up foam mattresses for our nomad night in Lincolnshire.’
- ‘Our six days camping at the Galmpton Touring Park cost us the princely sum of £48 for the tent, air beds and sleeping bag included, £57 for the pitch.’
- ‘Many air bed pumps are not that well made and have a tendency to fail at the worst times.’
- ‘A large number of relief supplies donated by the public for earthquake victims were discovered there, including television sets, heaters, gas ovens, refrigerators, quilts and air beds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.