One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specially equipped aircraft, typically a helicopter, used to transport sick or injured people to hospital in an emergency.‘Payash helped medical staff at the clinic while waiting for the air ambulance to arrive’
- ‘Using their own money, they built and flew the world's first air ambulance at Fort Barrancas, Florida, in 1910.’
- ‘Users can choose to have air ambulances pick up patients at ambulance exchange points.’
- ‘In 1997 there was a change of government and they invited me to stay here permanently to fly air ambulances for them.’
- ‘A phone vote by viewers resulted in Ian Nicholls of the County Air Ambulance becoming the West Midlands NHS Hero.’
- ‘In the early '80s Dr. Banks began pushing for a dedicated air ambulance.’
- ‘Mrs O'Leary was transferred by air ambulance from Cork Airport to London last Saturday evening.’
- ‘An air ambulance was also called in to the school from London.’
- ‘There was no specialized air ambulance servicing northern Manitoba.’
- ‘This success led to an order directing all military airfields to have an air ambulance.’
- ‘Both London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance attended, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.