One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mayonnaise seasoned with garlic.
- ‘On the lighter side, the cold spring rolls - filled with shrimp, mint, wasabi and roast garlic aioli, playfully garnished with cellophane noodles and black sesame seeds - were a refreshing surprise.’
- ‘Mine came generously topped with roast lamb and onions plus a very yummy garlic aioli (I declined capsicums).’
- ‘We shared calamari with a pesto aioli, I had a roasted beet salad and Don had a Cesar, I had their signature short ribs and Don had their pasta special.’
- ‘An aioli aromatic with coriander seed and lemon (mayo at its most celestial) makes for a strange and interesting contrast - not to mention the fact that it is good enough to eat straight.’
- ‘In the end, I chose the tempura version with saffron aioli and red pepper salsa.’
- ‘Again there were more than adequate choices in sauces, with aioli, wasabi, tartare, Thai plum sauce and blue cheese dip.’
- ‘For aioli: In a bowl, add the egg yolk, mustard, garlic, and paprika and whisk to combine.’
- ‘Slice very thinly and serve at room temperature, with squid ink aioli.’
- ‘Both mains were around the $16 mark, and we shared some shoestring fries with a lemon pepper seasoning, with a side of coriander aioli (I know, bad for the arteries, but what the heck).’
- ‘Chicken and coconut soup, pan-fried garlic prawns with leeks and saffron aioli, and crab parcels with sautéed lettuce all offered their particular charms.’
- ‘Curley serves them with ramekins of Southwestern aioli that's salmon-colored and chock-full of sun-dried tomatoes and dried chipotle peppers.’
- ‘Suzanne Goin serves these burgers with an addictive chipotle aioli; for an easy version, blend one or two canned chipotle chiles into a cup of mayonnaise.’
- ‘And with a batter like that, you really wanted something to dip it in: garlic aioli or anything.’
- ‘His cod is must be among the best in Scotland, large translucent flakes, topped perhaps with a herb crust, a dollop of aioli and black olive tapenade.’
- ‘Spoon some mayonnaise or aioli over the fish fillets and put briefly under a griller, before serving the dish.’
- ‘For the curry aioli, in a medium bowl, combine the egg yolk, garlic, ginger, and mustard and whisk until thick and lemon colored.’
- ‘Beneath the turkey was a rich garlicky aioli that contrasted and complemented everything beautifully.’
- ‘The faint sourness of a pumpernickel baguette combined with slightly shredded slow-cooked salmon, watercress, and wasabi aioli is a delicious contrast of flavors.’
- ‘For the red pepper aioli, in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade attachment, puree the red bell peppers and garlic until smooth, about two minutes.’
- ‘Chopped raw garlic lends an assertive flavor to vinaigrettes, salsas, and other sauces such as aioli.’
French aïoli, from Provençal ai ‘garlic’ + oli ‘oil’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.