One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Spokesman Charles Rollinson said: ‘We are aiming high.’’
- ‘The veteran defender said: ‘I'm sure the club will be aiming high, especially after the euphoria of promotion last year.’’
- ‘‘You must aim high - Irish firms must try to be the very best in our globalised world,’ said Mr. Cronin.’
- ‘Ms Kapwepwe aims high when she talks about changing the out-look of airports to compete equally in the region to boost the tourism industry.’
- ‘One who aims high for the future must not be concerned with present loss or gain.’
- ‘Given the stunning success of the launch rally, the message round the country must be aim high and you can mobilise significant numbers.’
- ‘At the official launch of the York Museums Trust, chief executive Janet Barnes set its aims high: ‘the potential of the museums and the collections in York could and should be first class,’ she said.’
- ‘It's not a great film, but it leaves you with some great moments and aims high.’
- ‘Though they just graduated from middle school, that doesn't stop these girls from aiming high career-wise.… the girls say they are interested in continuing in law enforcement.’
- ‘I won't make any rash predictions, but we will be aiming high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.