One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Though they just graduated from middle school, that doesn't stop these girls from aiming high career-wise.… the girls say they are interested in continuing in law enforcement.’
- ‘Spokesman Charles Rollinson said: ‘We are aiming high.’’
- ‘Given the stunning success of the launch rally, the message round the country must be aim high and you can mobilise significant numbers.’
- ‘One who aims high for the future must not be concerned with present loss or gain.’
- ‘Ms Kapwepwe aims high when she talks about changing the out-look of airports to compete equally in the region to boost the tourism industry.’
- ‘It's not a great film, but it leaves you with some great moments and aims high.’
- ‘I won't make any rash predictions, but we will be aiming high.’
- ‘‘You must aim high - Irish firms must try to be the very best in our globalised world,’ said Mr. Cronin.’
- ‘At the official launch of the York Museums Trust, chief executive Janet Barnes set its aims high: ‘the potential of the museums and the collections in York could and should be first class,’ she said.’
- ‘The veteran defender said: ‘I'm sure the club will be aiming high, especially after the euphoria of promotion last year.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.