One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
exclamation & adjectiveUS
- as exclamation ‘aight, I'm out’nonstandard spelling of all right, representing a pronunciationas adjective ‘just take it slow, you'll be aight’
- ‘Nah, that's aight, I don't drink.’
- ‘He's aight; he can hold his own.’
- ‘So I'll see ya when I see ya, aight?’
- ‘Aight, I get the point.’
- ‘I don't wanna talk about her, if it's aight with you.’
- ‘Don't believe the hype, aight?’
- ‘For now I would just say to handle your business and make your dreams real, aight?’
- ‘I'm going inside to make sure everything is aight.’
- ‘Aight, show up there bright and early on Monday.’
- ‘At the time, T.I. and I were aight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.