One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small silvery fish occurring only in the shallow waters around the Hawaiian islands, where it is a food fish.
Kuhlia sandvicensis, family Kuhliidae
- ‘The fresh catch of the day is forever popular with visitors, especially the aholehole, or Hawaiian flagtail, a reef fish raised in island ponds.’
- ‘But currently at Hanauma Bay, the silvery aholehole swarm in the shallows all day, darting around human legs to catch free food.’
- ‘Rainclouds, rain, lush ferns, aholehole fish and certain types of seaweed revealed the god Lono.’
- ‘Ryan Okino was fishing on the Puna Coast of the Big Island when he caught his state record aholehole.’
- ‘This pond is one to three feet deep and is used to grow aholehole and mullet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.