Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Terrorist acts intended to disrupt or damage a country's agriculture, especially the use of a biological agent against crops or livestock.
- ‘Avian influenza, agroterrorism, and livestock biosecurity will be key discussion topics at the Foreign Animal and Emerging Diseases course on June 26-July 1.’
- ‘Veterinarians should be seen as protectorates against zoonotic outbreaks as well as agroterrorism attacks.’
- ‘Together with other researchers in the field, Busta is confident that DHS's investments in agroterrorism research will close up the security holes before they are discovered by terrorists.’
- ‘Family farmers are best combat troops for agroterrorism battles’
- ‘As command veterinarian of NORTHCOM, Lt. Col. Noland is the military's point man for responding to agroterrorism, animal disease outbreaks, and other agricultural events in the United States.’
- ‘Agricultural producers and even pet owners may be the first Americans to witness an attack of agroterrorism or bioterrorism.’
- ‘Our best defense against agroterrorism is not creation of a new payroll of food inspectors.’
- ‘Agroterrorism Threat The threat of terrorism against U.S. agriculture and food production received scant attention prior to 9 / 11.’
- ‘Lane emphasizes that building partnerships is key to agroterrorism prevention across the Midwest.’
- ‘Dr. Robert E. Hertzog, District VII representative, supports placing a veterinarian in one of the federal agencies, given the emphasis on biosecurity and agroterrorism.’
- ‘If farmers are to serve as the first line of defense against agroterrorism, policy makers and security experts need to recognize that family farmers possess a unique armory of weapons.’
- ‘It forced Washington to look inland as well as globally, to ponder homeland security, even agroterrorism.’
- ‘Our best defense against agroterrorism is not creation of a new payroll of food inspectors’
- ‘AGROTERRORISM Uneasy on the Range The efficiencies in the system for producing beef create security problems for the food industry, one big slice of the nation's critical infrastructure.’
- ‘They are perhaps the biggest part of the solution to the problems of our food system and threat of agroterrorism.’
- ‘He emphasized the importance of veterinary and public health roles in preventing and responding to agroterrorism and bioterrorism.’
- ‘AGROTERRORISM What a Bioterrorist Attack’
- ‘The fact sheets cover foreign animal diseases, agents of bioterrorism and agroterrorism, and reportable diseases.’
- ‘The role of veterinarians as first responders to outbreaks of animal disease is central to national efforts to defend against agroterrorism.’
- ‘Agroterrorism would be punishable by fines, imprisonment for up to life, and carry the death penalty in the most serious cases.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.