Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Terrorist acts intended to disrupt or damage a country's agriculture, especially the use of a biological agent against crops or livestock.
- ‘He said that one of the important things to remember about agro-terrorism is that you don't see any immediate impact when a fungal pathogen is introduced in the crop cycle.’
- ‘Welcome to the 21st century - and the threat of agroterrorism.’
- ‘Avian influenza, agroterrorism, and livestock biosecurity will be key discussion topics at the Foreign Animal and Emerging Diseases course on June 26-July 1.’
- ‘Agroterrorism Threat The threat of terrorism against U.S. agriculture and food production received scant attention prior to 9 / 11.’
- ‘Agricultural producers and even pet owners may be the first Americans to witness an attack of agroterrorism or bioterrorism.’
- ‘He supports placing a veterinarian in one of the federal agencies, given the emphasis on biosecurity and agroterrorism.’
- ‘He emphasized the importance of veterinary and public health roles in preventing and responding to agroterrorism and bioterrorism.’
- ‘In Ford County, Kan., law enforcement, veterinarians and others have launched a neighborhood watch-style program to mitigate the threat of agroterrorism.’
- ‘The role of veterinarians as first responders to outbreaks of animal disease is central to national efforts to defend against agroterrorism.’
- ‘How real is this threat of agro-terrorism?’
- ‘"Agricultural producers and even pet owners may be the first Americans to witness an attack of agroterrorism or bioterrorism."’
- ‘One insidious aspect of agro-terrorism against livestock is that it can be difficult to differentiate between a naturally occurring disease outbreak and one caused by a terrorist.’
- ‘Veterinarians should be seen as protectorates against zoonotic outbreaks as well as agroterrorism attacks.’
- ‘Family farmers are best combat troops for agroterrorism battles’
- ‘Together with other researchers in the field, Busta is confident that DHS's investments in agroterrorism research will close up the security holes before they are discovered by terrorists.’
- ‘Last year the issue of plant biosecurity was given an extra edge: agro terrorism, using plant pathogens, is just as likely and easier than terrorism against people.’
- ‘Our best defense against agroterrorism is not creation of a new payroll of food inspectors.’
- ‘AGROTERRORISM What a Bioterrorist Attack’
- ‘AGROTERRORISM Uneasy on the Range The efficiencies in the system for producing beef create security problems for the food industry, one big slice of the nation's critical infrastructure.’
- ‘As command veterinarian of NORTHCOM, Lt. Col. Noland is the military's point man for responding to agroterrorism, animal disease outbreaks, and other agricultural events in the United States.’
- ‘Genetic engineering will become a biological weapon used for agro-terrorism.’
- ‘Our best defense against agroterrorism is not creation of a new payroll of food inspectors’
- ‘Lane emphasizes that building partnerships is key to agroterrorism prevention across the Midwest.’
- ‘The complexities of agro terrorism are fascinating.’
- ‘I think agro-terrorism is potentially much more likely than a significant or a militarily significant attack against humans.’
- ‘Two years ago, when he stepped down as secretary of Health and Human Services, he called agroterrorism a grave concern for this country.’
- ‘Agroterrorism would be punishable by fines, imprisonment for up to life, and carry the death penalty in the most serious cases.’
- ‘Dr. Robert E. Hertzog, District VII representative, supports placing a veterinarian in one of the federal agencies, given the emphasis on biosecurity and agroterrorism.’
- ‘It forced Washington to look inland as well as globally, to ponder homeland security, even agroterrorism.’
- ‘The fact sheets cover foreign animal diseases, agents of bioterrorism and agroterrorism, and reportable diseases.’
- ‘If farmers are to serve as the first line of defense against agroterrorism, policy makers and security experts need to recognize that family farmers possess a unique armory of weapons.’
- ‘They are perhaps the biggest part of the solution to the problems of our food system and threat of agroterrorism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.