Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of biology that deals with soil science and plant nutrition and its application to crop production.
- ‘SIR - I would like to thank Mr Suchi for his comments regarding the dangers of genetic contamination in agrobiology.’
- ‘Also, as a rule for settling trade disputes in the field of agrobiology, application of various WTO agreements is emerging as an important challenge for the global community.’
- ‘I am referring to genetic manipulation in agrobiology.’
- ‘ABC of agrobiology; the quantitative science of plant life and plant nutrition for gardeners, farmers and general readers.’
- ‘Awarded the degree of PhD in agrobiology for the thesis entitled ‘Studies on hemolymph proteins in the silkmoths.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.