Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Industry connected with agriculture.
- ‘It concentrates mainly on agro-industry, high value-added agriculture, industry and tourism and.’
- ‘Concern is mounting in the country over continued low rainfall and its impact on the country's subsistence farmers and agro-industry.’
- ‘Eight Thai companies, meanwhile, currently invest in Sri Lanka, mostly in the Thai restaurant sector, gemstones sector, and agro-industry.’
- ‘These tenants form a heterogeneous group, from very large potato growers owning hundreds of hectares in other regions, to small potato brokers and engineers employed in the agro-industry.’
- ‘To this end, the leaders said they will focus on cooperation on tourism, transportation and agro-industry sectors.’
- ‘In addition, various governments have sought to improve agro-industry and fishery production, but success has been limited.’
- ‘We must also re-examine those aspects of our policies that prevent a creative interaction between farmers and agro-industries.’
- ‘He noted that Zambia did not have the strong investors in the agro-industry and hence the need to attract more in the sector.’
- ‘Furthermore, the Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Centre of the government's Ministry of Science is now training at-risk adolescent girls in such areas as tissue culture and agro-industry.’
- ‘He said providing a boost to agriculture and agro-industries will continue to remain the prime concern of the government.’
- ‘Belgian companies have invested mainly in the chemical industry, non-ferrous metals, electronics, agro-industry, textiles and service industries like call-center, transport, and logistics.’
- ‘The system has also to be integrated with motivation and training of farmers, and state-of-the-art agro-industry, quality control and marketing systems.’
- ‘According to the Ministry, agro-industries have been accorded high priority under its Plan schemes by providing financial assistance in the form of grant-in-aid to industry and NGOs among other cooperative and government agencies.’
- ‘Thai Farmers Research Center recently reported that the export of farm and agro-industry products, particularly to China, is likely to enjoy accelerated growth.’
- ‘The farmers were the worst hit because the Budget, which had talked of promoting agro-industries, had not talked about costs of inputs like fertilisers, seeds and pesticides.’
- 1.1 Agriculture developed along industrial lines.
- ‘580 dwellers from rural and marginal urban areas of Lima and Huancayo, 70% of which are women, have been trained in agro-industry techniques; 145 of them have started up a small enterprise.’
- ‘This relates to the challenges referred to above and to encouraging consumers to use their consumer power to stimulate biodiversity-friendly production and agro-industry practices.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.