Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Farm-based entertainment including activities such as hayrides, pony rides, wine tasting, cornfield-maze contests, and harvest festivals.
- ‘We believe that it's important to keep farming alive in the state, and agritainment is one way we can show the public why our goal is so important.’
- ‘With 11 years of agritainment experience, you can feel comfortable in the ease of booking and setup of your event.’
- ‘Jeanine Davis stands in a field of colorful sunflowers at a recent event to promote agritainment enterprises.’
- ‘After his first maze drew more than 18,000 visitors in only three weeks, Herbst's agritainment concept was born and has gone on to challenge the wits of millions.’
- ‘About 200 acres of the farm are devoted to the agritainment and direct-marketing operations including production and rotation crops, parking lot, hayride wagon paths and festival grounds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.