Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The application of science to agriculture.
- ‘This text is aimed at high school agriscience programs, and as such, the level is below that of a university basic horticulture course.’
- ‘The Trento centre has the potential to bolster new economic growth in the Trentino region and beyond, as well as underpin traditional industries such as agriculture and agriscience.’
- ‘The intention of this project, which was funded through a grant, was to develop new curricula for effective integration of critical thinking instruction into a specific discipline such as agriscience.’
- ‘Dr. Dyer's primary teaching responsibilities include courses in team and organizational leadership, research methods, and the preparation of agriculture teachers for middle and high school agriscience programs.’
- ‘IBM has formed a life sciences business unit to deliver leading-edge IT solutions for bio-technology, genomic, e-health, pharmaceutical, agriscience, and other life sciences industries.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.