Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to agriculture.‘agricultural land’→ ag‘an agricultural worker’
farmed, farm, agrarian, cultivated, tilled, productivefarm, farming, agrarianView synonyms
- ‘Gwanya says a major problem is the prices farmers are asking for agricultural land.’
- ‘He has said on oath in front of me that his present activities are devoted to restoring this land to agricultural use.’
- ‘It has set up a subgroup to look at the effect of modern intensive agricultural methods on the environment.’
- ‘His whole farm is a testament to the rich agricultural heritage of Gloucestershire.’
- ‘She has also called for more tools to kick-start agricultural and small livestock farming.’
- ‘The base facilities are scattered over a wide area of what appears to be agricultural land.’
- ‘You can see tree plantations all over the place with small agricultural strips of land and a few houses.’
- ‘Prime exports such as olive oil and wine fell in value and previously used agricultural land fell into disuse.’
- ‘Land claims have been made on about five million hectares of agricultural land in the province.’
- ‘Has their access to agricultural land and capital in rural and urban areas improved?’
- ‘When they came to England they were only allowed to be miners, hospital workers or agricultural workers.’
- ‘There was, in fact, no clear distinction between agricultural and industrial workers.’
- ‘The original planning consent for the Selby mines would have seen the land restored to agricultural use.’
- ‘It is also close to a primary school, agricultural land and a restored lakeland region.’
- ‘Hundreds of acres of agricultural land have been rendered barren for want of water.’
- ‘She used the rest of the seed capital to invest in a small plot of agricultural land.’
- ‘In few areas, however, have satisfactory alternative agricultural uses for the land been found.’
- ‘Frank had a great affinity with the land and all things agricultural and was a progressive farmer.’
- ‘The report forecasts that the demand for workers in the agricultural sector will decline.’
- ‘Once houses are put up it will be near to impossible to reclaim that land for agricultural use.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.