One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Brent Donnellan, a psychologist from the University of California, Davis, who has looked at traits that contribute to a long-lasting marriage, identified openness and agreeableness as key factors.’
- ‘Such was his good nature and sheer agreeableness that even after only a brief conversation with him the day was enhanced.’
- ‘When managed destructively, however, there are numerous negative outcomes, such as detachment from school and lower grades, lower self-concept, undermined self-esteem and self-confidence, and low agreeableness.’
- ‘The reason for the difference between studies, says Gosling, may be that extroversion and agreeableness are interpersonal traits that require more information about how the person interacts with other people.’
- ‘The study also suggested that agreeableness improved throughout life and particularly during people's 30s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.