One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
predicative Gleaming.‘yellow fur agleam in the sun’
- ‘Bells you gave me, bells of victory, bells of merriment, yellow and green; cloches clashing, swaggering braggarts, helmets agleam coppery red.’
- ‘The stately three-storey Georgian edifice agleam with intricate furniture comes complete with the ghost of former mistress Annie Palmer.’
- ‘A decidedly diminutive parrot's head protruded from the pocket, ebon eyes madly agleam.’
- ‘For years, you could find them regularly in the halls of Shorecrest High School, medals shining, black shoes agleam, trouser creases sharper than a regulation haircut.’
- ‘Chef Humberto Molina-Segura bounces on the balls of his feet, eyes agleam behind wire-rim spectacles, introducing his food to first-time guests at Red Onion Seafood y Mas.’
- ‘‘I'll be going to the other castle now, to give the other friends some powers,’ said Mystic, waving good-bye and magically flying out of the broken window, wing agleam.’
- ‘But Stockholder's own creations easily held center stage, blazing away in the brightly lit gallery with plastic agleam and fake fur flying.’
- ‘His eyes are agleam as he jumps to his feet, brandishing the ball, and shouts, ‘I love… PACHINKO!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.