One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This despite being part of a school system which demonstrably does not waste much of its money on bureaucracy and aggrandizement of its own honchos; the system has no trouble educating half of its students.’
- ‘First, their countries seek no aggrandizement, territorial or other;’
- ‘Long terms in the office have not done Africa any good, except ensuring personal aggrandisement and enrichment,’ he said.’
- ‘I fear the project will be another Millennium Dome - an over-ambitious monument to municipal aggrandizement which sets back arts funding in the borough for generations.’
- ‘Too many leaders are in it for personal enrichment or aggrandizement, a show-me-the-money style of leadership that has led directly to today's landscape of wrecked corporations and indicted CEOs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.