One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The representative of an Australian state or Canadian province in a major foreign city.
delegate, commissioner, ambassador, attaché, envoy, emissary, chargé, chargé d'affaires, commissary, deputy, aideView synonyms
- ‘In 1896 Will became agent-general for New Zealand in the United Kingdom, and the family moved to live in London.’
- ‘At the outbreak of war, the agent-general in London for Queensland, Sir Thomas Robinson, became Director of Meat Supply for Allied Armies and remained in that position throughout the war.’
- ‘Jim Maher, former press secretary to just exited NSW Treasurer Michael Egan, will not be going to Kabul as agent-general as suggested by the Sun Herald last week.’
- ‘Of course you can send your agent-general to London.’
- ‘Each still retains an agent-general in London.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.