One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which is the main constituent of agar and is used especially in gels for electrophoresis. It is a polysaccharide mainly containing galactose residues.
- ‘The vesicles filled with agarose gel and sucrose solution were diluted into an isoosmolar glucose solution.’
- ‘The material of choice is agarose, a carbohydrate polymer purified from a salt water algae.’
- ‘Its purity and integrity was assessed using agarose gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘Immobilization of large dextran molecules in agarose was achieved by electron beam irradiation.’
- ‘The intactness of RNA was monitored by agarose gel electrophoresis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.