One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Asexual; reproducing asexually.‘winged agamic females’
- ‘Nor is there any evidence that agamic and gamic oviposition on a particular leaf is inversely related.’
- ‘Using molecular markers, apomixis was shown to have arisen frequently and independently during the evolution of this agamic complex.’
- ‘In most cases, some kind of agamic fusion of protists can be considered as its prerequisite.’
- ‘The particular groups that I study are agamic complexes in the sunflower family.’
- ‘In most cases it was agamic fusions of protists that preceded the origin of sexual process.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek agamos ‘unmarried’ + -ic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.