Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for agricultural
- ‘A working breakfast is served for the sponsoring ag organizations on the State Fairgrounds.’
- ‘Our commodity groups, trade associations, councils and ag organizations have many connections and have had many successes in marketing our commodities worldwide.’
- ‘Additional information about the Young Ag Couples Conference is available from ag organizations.’
- ‘The letter was signed by 12 ag organizations before the negotiators took off for the trade meeting.’
- ‘We sent out a direct mailing and are building a list of Ag organizations.’
- short for agriculture
- ‘Do you think more people would go into ag if they were taught ag at school?’
- ‘He will be studying Ag at a local college.’
- ‘The Agriculture Career Fair is an annual event attended by students studying ag related majors.’
- ‘I studied Ag at High School over 20 years ago now, and I loved it.’
The chemical element silver.
From Latin argentum.
2Aktiengesellschaft, used in the names of German joint-stock companies.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.