One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for agricultural
- ‘We sent out a direct mailing and are building a list of Ag organizations.’
- ‘The letter was signed by 12 ag organizations before the negotiators took off for the trade meeting.’
- ‘A working breakfast is served for the sponsoring ag organizations on the State Fairgrounds.’
- ‘Our commodity groups, trade associations, councils and ag organizations have many connections and have had many successes in marketing our commodities worldwide.’
- ‘Additional information about the Young Ag Couples Conference is available from ag organizations.’
- short for agriculture
- ‘The Agriculture Career Fair is an annual event attended by students studying ag related majors.’
- ‘He will be studying Ag at a local college.’
- ‘I studied Ag at High School over 20 years ago now, and I loved it.’
- ‘Do you think more people would go into ag if they were taught ag at school?’
Used to express a range of emotions from irritation or grief to pleasure.‘ag man, there's nothing anyone can do’
- ‘Ag, I dont know if Im just being soppy but whatever the case its refreshing to see love stories these days that are able to transcend the mainstream depictions of beautiful falsity.’
- ‘Ag, I don't know, an expert should step in here.’
Afrikaans, from Dutch ach (see ach).
The chemical element silver.
From Latin argentum.
2Aktiengesellschaft, used in the names of German joint-stock companies.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.