One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pains after childbirth caused by contraction of the uterus.
- ‘You feel some pain in your uterus - breastfeeding, in particular, can stimulate ‘afterpains ' as your uterus contracts.’
- ‘Catnip is best known for treating feverish conditions but is also used for afterpains and other conditions.’
- ‘It is especially useful for afterpains and will also effectively treat digestive discomfort including cramps, flatulence and hiccups.’
- ‘Take 5-20 drops of the tincture in water or one cup of tea to relieve afterpains and tone the uterus.’
- ‘If afterpains are severe, your health professional can prescribe a safe and effective pain medication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.