One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pains after childbirth caused by contraction of the uterus.
- ‘You feel some pain in your uterus - breastfeeding, in particular, can stimulate ‘afterpains ' as your uterus contracts.’
- ‘Take 5-20 drops of the tincture in water or one cup of tea to relieve afterpains and tone the uterus.’
- ‘If afterpains are severe, your health professional can prescribe a safe and effective pain medication.’
- ‘Catnip is best known for treating feverish conditions but is also used for afterpains and other conditions.’
- ‘It is especially useful for afterpains and will also effectively treat digestive discomfort including cramps, flatulence and hiccups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.