Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Pains after childbirth caused by contraction of the uterus.
- ‘If afterpains are severe, your health professional can prescribe a safe and effective pain medication.’
- ‘Catnip is best known for treating feverish conditions but is also used for afterpains and other conditions.’
- ‘Take 5-20 drops of the tincture in water or one cup of tea to relieve afterpains and tone the uterus.’
- ‘You feel some pain in your uterus - breastfeeding, in particular, can stimulate ‘afterpains ' as your uterus contracts.’
- ‘It is especially useful for afterpains and will also effectively treat digestive discomfort including cramps, flatulence and hiccups.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.