One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open deck toward the stern of a ship.
- ‘Smoking is restricted to an equipment room but new regulations mean smoking will only be allowed on the exposed afterdeck.’
- ‘Two missile systems are installed on the action station guard supports on the afterdeck ready for immediate deployment.’
- ‘The remotely operated mine disposal vehicle launch and recovery area is on the afterdeck which is equipped with two cranes.’
- ‘This line leads to the stern, where the first part of the ship to come into view is the afterdeck.’
- ‘A number of exercises were executed, including dropping the winchman on the afterdeck, transferring lifeboat crew to the helicopter, and a stretcher exercise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.