One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open deck toward the stern of a ship.
- ‘Smoking is restricted to an equipment room but new regulations mean smoking will only be allowed on the exposed afterdeck.’
- ‘This line leads to the stern, where the first part of the ship to come into view is the afterdeck.’
- ‘Two missile systems are installed on the action station guard supports on the afterdeck ready for immediate deployment.’
- ‘A number of exercises were executed, including dropping the winchman on the afterdeck, transferring lifeboat crew to the helicopter, and a stretcher exercise.’
- ‘The remotely operated mine disposal vehicle launch and recovery area is on the afterdeck which is equipped with two cranes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.