One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to income that remains after the deduction of taxes due.
- ‘Why pay your own doctor and insurance bills with after-tax income when your employer can do it with pre-tax dollars?’
- ‘The real, after-tax income of a household, on average, is no higher now than it was 5 years ago.’
- ‘This year the company reported an after-tax profit of €6.5m for 2004.’
- ‘If you have saved up a deposit and budgeted for all the extra expenses when you move, tot up your existing monthly outgoings and deduct this figure from your after-tax income.’
- ‘The government determined that families of three or more persons spent approximately one third of their after-tax income on food.’
- ‘If an employee pays directly for medical care, the expenditure comes out of the employee's after-tax income.’
- ‘What matters for the amount of labor supplied is the after-tax wage rate relative to income from wealth.’
- ‘They encourage people to save as much as they can of their after-tax income and to invest it intelligently.’
- ‘The first episode featured a relatively affluent couple with a combined after-tax income of €70,000 a year.’
- ‘The goal of any firm is to maximize its after-tax income.’
- ‘For workers earning minimum wage, one full hour of their after-tax income will now be eaten up just by the cost of commuting to and from their jobs.’
- ‘In the year to March 2005 the firm made an after-tax profit of £40m.’
- ‘As a result, any rebate would be viewed, not as a permanent change in after-tax income, but as a temporary loan.’
- ‘Business leaders know that fair but stable and competitive after-tax profits go hand in hand with job creation, investment and increased productivity.’
- ‘He has pledged to give after-tax proceeds of the stock options to charity.’
- ‘These catch-up rules do not apply to after-tax employee contributions.’
- ‘The problem here isn't so much housing as childcare, which consumes roughly half her after-tax income.’
- ‘It points out that workers are getting an after-tax increase in pay of 25% under the current agreement.’
- ‘For the first time, the amount owed by individuals has surged past their after-tax incomes.’
- ‘The average after-tax, after-inflation income is barely rising at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.