Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A party held after an event, especially a concert or another party.
social gathering, gathering, social occasion, social event, social function, function, get-together, celebration, reunion, festivity, jamboree, reception, at-home, soirée, socialView synonyms
- ‘He says the day's events will end on a high note, with an after-party to be held in the campus marquee.’
- ‘The sad part is that the after-party was very awfully organized.’
- ‘I haven't seen you since the after-party for the premiere.’
- ‘We're doing two shows, and there's an after-party at the club!’
- ‘If you want to have a party, have an after-party - a fashion show is about business.’
- ‘And as if that weren't enough, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Molly and Peter at the after-party.’
- ‘Our favourite band was playing, and would be hosting a huge after-party on the beach.’
- ‘If you're just getting started, drop in at the bar, take a dip at the late-night pool party, or dance until you drop at the final after-party.’
- ‘The after-party was an enormously proud event for me that night.’
- ‘There are panel discussions, film screenings, trade shows, softball tournaments, barbecues, after-parties, and other events without a name happening at all hours.’
- ‘Guests then walked the short distance to the club, where Louis hosted the after-party.’
- ‘After an evening of exhibitions, he will host a food-filled after-party.’
- ‘The after-party was a lot of fun, and I heard their show that night was amazing.’
- ‘Afterwards, at the after-party at a swanky uptown bar, the stars gathered to drink and revel in their love of the violent sport.’
- ‘Finally, the marquee after-party will provide an opportunity to bring a touch of personal glamour to the evening, while enjoying complimentary beer and wines to summer sounds mixed by guest DJs.’
- ‘It looks like the club could become the venue for the city's more outrageous after-parties.’
- ‘There was supposed to be a Family after-party there, but if it was happening it was very very quiet - the place looked dead.’
- ‘Of course, that's what all the after-parties and such are for: people getting together and sharing notes about the different panels they went to.’
- ‘The after-party will take place at the hot new nightclub.’
- ‘Each Monday, there will be guest DJs spinning eclectic sets, listening parties, release parties, after-parties, album giveaways, drink specials and just a good time all around.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.