One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Ethiopian (sense 2 of the adjective)
- ‘Diversity was greatest in the Afrotropical region.’
- ‘Palearctic migrants were assumed to forage higher and in more peripheral parts of the vegetation and, in general, in more open vegetation with a higher foraging speed than do their Afrotropical counterparts in their respective guilds.’
- ‘It occupies a wide-range of ecological niches throughout the Afrotropical region, is highly anthropophilic, and is susceptible to the human malaria parasites.’
- ‘Drosophila yakuba has a widespread distribution in the Afrotropical region.’
- ‘Drosophila melanogaster is an Afrotropical species whose cosmopolitan spread is believed to be a recent event, with parts of the New World and Australia being colonized in only the past couple of hundred years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.