One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African American who is native to or resides in Appalachia.as modifier ‘Affrilachian poets’
- ‘There is so much in-depth writing, so much information: forthcoming books deals, the article on bestseller lists, Affrilachian poets… The caliber of writing in this issue is superior, as well as the content covered.’
- ‘He currently is Associate Professor of Creative Writing at the University, and is a founding member of Affrilachian Poets, a community-based writing collective.’
- ‘On December 28 at 7: 00 p.m. there will be a reading at the Center with the Affrilachian Poets.’
- ‘Focus on the ways in which fiction writers incorporate truths in their fiction and take a personal look at the author's Affrilachian heritage.’
- ‘This special issue of the journal makes an important contribution to this new Affrilachian scholarship.’
- ‘The power of the Affrilachian Poets in these communities shows that no one person owns the term artist.’
- ‘She wrote her doctoral dissertation on Affrilachians, a term used to describe the blacks living in Appalachia who were mostly overlooked in the region's history.’
- ‘‘The thing about Cincinnati that I love - and what Cincinnatians don't realize - is that misplaced Affrilachians live here,’ he said.’
- ‘My earlier books address a range of topics, not just my Affrilachian communities,’ the author said.’
- ‘A teacher, educator and Affrilachian writer, he has previously published two collections of short stories.’
- ‘Articles about the Affrilachian Poets can be seen in the local paper and magazine.’
- ‘He is a founding member of the Affrilachian Poets.’
- ‘Moreover, he hopes to see the works of the Affrilachian community flourish to wider audience.’
- ‘He took the poem with his new term, Affrilachian, to the writing group he met with regularly at the Cultural Center on the UK campus, where he also served as program coordinator.’
- ‘A Fellow and Affrilachian Poet, she has performed across the country for various causes and events.’
- ‘She has penned a popular short story collection and is a member of the Affrilachians Poets, a group of African-American poets with roots in the Appalachian Mountains.’
- ‘A founding member of the Affrilachian Poets, he is the author of a collection of poems that has recently been nominated for the Public Librarians’ Choice Award.’
- ‘He also was featured in a 2001 documentary on the Affrilachian Poets produced with support from the Television Fund for Independent Production.’
Blend of African (American) and Appalachian.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.