One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The area afforested would be close to 2,000 acres.’
- ‘Protecting forests and afforestation will be a permanent solution.’
- ‘They may sequester carbon through ecosystem restoration, reforestation, agro-forestry, and afforestation; or they may develop substitutes for fossil fuels such as bioenergy projects.’
- ‘The vast bulk of afforested areas are marginal for agriculture and the population in these areas had been in decline since Famine times.’
- ‘Like their attempts to afforest treeless subalpine meadows, they planted forage species that had never grown in these mountains.’
- ‘There is serious erosion in afforested areas also.’
- ‘The province's forest coverage rate is currently 19 per cent and there are 2 million hectares of land left for afforestation.’
- ‘He argued that afforestation and expansion of forests might therefore even increase climate warming.’
- ‘Environmental monitoring in the catchment assesses fresh water impacts on the survival of juveniles including issues such as afforestation, overgrazing and climate change.’
- ‘The afforested area can be increased by around 300 000 ha.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.