One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A credit card carrying the name of an organization to which a portion of the money spent using the card is paid.
- ‘One story involves a supermarket that sent grocery lists purchased by people with affinity cards to the government for inspection.’
- ‘Four in ten affinity card holders believe charitable contributions are important.’
- ‘Clearly the constitution of the club would need to be amended - it being envisaged that bowls members will pay bowls levies and have affinity cards, while croquet members will pay their relevant croquet fees.’
- ‘Please support the Foundation by taking out our Affinity Card.’
- ‘The Bank has paid £20 million to good causes since it launched its first charity affinity card 10 years ago.’
- ‘The affinity card market in both the USA and the UK is expanding rapidly.’
- ‘The trust relies on donations and sponsorship, has an affinity card and often host jumbles sales and fairs to raise funds.’
- ‘The chief executive said the social card was the first affinity card in India.’
- ‘Partners include charities and football clubs, who typically receive a payment when you first use your affinity card plus ongoing payments linked to your future spend - all paid by the bank!’
- ‘A three-year pact with the Humane Society will aim for drivers with pets - it now offers first aid kits for critters - with such possible extensions as a guide to pet-friendly hotels and affinity cards.’
- ‘India's fastest-growing credit card has announced the launch of India's first city affinity card.’
- ‘Although a recent survey showed that only 6% of those questioned had an affinity card, more than half said that they thought they would become more popular, with one in five adults saying that they would consider having one.’
- ‘He said that the bank has donated £18m to charity and sporting activities generally through the use of affinity cards and that football clubs have received £850,000.’
- ‘‘The program has no cons for us; we get a lump sum of a half a percentage point of all purchases made with the card,’ explains the society member about his group's affinity card program.’
- ‘It seems that Affinity Card holders most often do not know how much their cards provide to the charities that sponsor them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.