One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group adversely affected from a common cause, as defined by legislation, litigation, or prevailing practice.‘any employee in an affected class may volunteer to be laid off’
- ‘He tells the newspaper he'll attempt to get millions of Americans certified as an affected class.’
- ‘The affected class of taxpayers has failed to properly account for their taxes due to a misunderstanding of the tax law.’
- ‘Collectively, they are clearly the most numerous affected class.’
- ‘The organization files cases for the enforcement of legal rights or liabilities of the affected class.’
- ‘The ratings for the affected classes are dependent upon the company's ability to provide payments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.