Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group adversely affected from a common cause, as defined by legislation, litigation, or prevailing practice.‘any employee in an affected class may volunteer to be laid off’
- ‘The ratings for the affected classes are dependent upon the company's ability to provide payments.’
- ‘The organization files cases for the enforcement of legal rights or liabilities of the affected class.’
- ‘He tells the newspaper he'll attempt to get millions of Americans certified as an affected class.’
- ‘Collectively, they are clearly the most numerous affected class.’
- ‘The affected class of taxpayers has failed to properly account for their taxes due to a misunderstanding of the tax law.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.