One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group adversely affected from a common cause, as defined by legislation, litigation, or prevailing practice.‘any employee in an affected class may volunteer to be laid off’
- ‘The organization files cases for the enforcement of legal rights or liabilities of the affected class.’
- ‘Collectively, they are clearly the most numerous affected class.’
- ‘The ratings for the affected classes are dependent upon the company's ability to provide payments.’
- ‘He tells the newspaper he'll attempt to get millions of Americans certified as an affected class.’
- ‘The affected class of taxpayers has failed to properly account for their taxes due to a misunderstanding of the tax law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.