One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After 8 weeks of therapy, he was afebrile and eating, and was discharged from the hospital.’
- ‘The patient was afebrile and had a respiratory rate of 22 breaths/min.’
- ‘At that time, she developed a low-grade fever but was subsequently afebrile.’
- ‘Physical examination revealed an afebrile woman in no acute distress.’
- ‘Physical examination disclosed a comfortable man who was afebrile.’
Late 19th century: from a- ‘not’ + febrile.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.