One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A casing which protects a spacecraft during re-entry.
- ‘If all goes according to plan, the aeroshell capsule will hit the top of the Martian atmosphere on January 4.’
- ‘The lander is wrapped in deflated airbags, cocooned within a protective aeroshell.’
- ‘The phase where the rovers landed safely on the planet called for a parachute, aeroshell and retro-rockets.’
- ‘It therefore will need a new type of aeroshell and a strong parachute to slow it down.’
- ‘Researchers reviewed features seen in several images that they believe could be the lander and its protective aeroshell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.