Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A casing that protects a spacecraft during re-entry.
- ‘The phase where the rovers landed safely on the planet called for a parachute, aeroshell and retro-rockets.’
- ‘It therefore will need a new type of aeroshell and a strong parachute to slow it down.’
- ‘Researchers reviewed features seen in several images that they believe could be the lander and its protective aeroshell.’
- ‘The lander is wrapped in deflated airbags, cocooned within a protective aeroshell.’
- ‘If all goes according to plan, the aeroshell capsule will hit the top of the Martian atmosphere on January 4.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.