A casing that protects a spacecraft during re-entry.
- ‘The phase where the rovers landed safely on the planet called for a parachute, aeroshell and retro-rockets.’
- ‘It therefore will need a new type of aeroshell and a strong parachute to slow it down.’
- ‘Researchers reviewed features seen in several images that they believe could be the lander and its protective aeroshell.’
- ‘The lander is wrapped in deflated airbags, cocooned within a protective aeroshell.’
- ‘If all goes according to plan, the aeroshell capsule will hit the top of the Martian atmosphere on January 4.’